Skip to main content

Protect Your Heart Queen



( Picture is take from IG:@peniel_enchill)


I was always afraid of love. The way that I loved was always painful. Love to me was making sacrifices... sacrifices that meant compromising parts of me to make my partner happy. I became so unhappy because I no longer knew who I was. I was whomever he needed or wanted me to be. I became an expert on camouflaging.  For many women who have to start over, this seems almost impossible; because they may feel as though they no longer have an identity. He was their "identity". I never knew how to set healthy boundaries. All I knew was how to tolerate pain. Eventually pain becomes so comfortable that if you don't experience it, apart of you feels like you are not living. In reality, I was dying internally. How many times have you sacrifice parts of you in the name of love, to the point where it hurts. You feel like the only way that you could ever feel alive again...is by the same person who created the pain in the first place. When a women loves a man... sometimes she accepts things she shouldn't in the name of love. Accepting disrespect, dishonesty, disloyalty and physical, emotional and verbal abuse. I've accepted all the above. This is NEVER okay. When someone loves you, they respect you. Moreover, I began associating love with pain. I became fearful of commitment. I was afraid to get hurt again, so I would only try to give parts of myself; naively believing that this time I would be in control; avoiding pain. Nevertheless, I was deepening those wounds; making them impossible to fully heal. 

When you don't give yourself space to heal by jumping from one relationship/person to the next; what your doing is not allowing your wounds to heal. More than likely, you enter into the same type of relationships that continue to deepen that pain. I was famous for that; the same thing that creates pain, is the same thing we turn too in order to heal us. It's called a temporary relief.  It does not remove the brokenness, only puts a bandaid over it. I would jump from one relationship to the next so that I wouldn't have to face the true person that maintained the pain...  myself.  

Queens you have to allow yourself to heal. Healing may mean being alone for a while; so that you can figure out how to rearrange the broken pieces and put them back together. It means learning how to love yourself first before you can accept love. It means identifying what your needs are and providing them to yourself so that you are not afraid to tell another person what you need from them. The journey starts with you! Self love is an important part of any healthy relationship. 

Are you able to relate? If so comment below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Was The Last Time You Married That Man In Your Mind?

Have you ever been obsessed with someone? I mean obsessed to the point where you cant stop thinking about them. From the moment you wake up, to the moment you go to bed. They occupied your mind. It may even feel like you have no control; you try to distract yourself, however you find your mind returning back to your point of contact. You obsess about what this person is doing, fantasize about what you would like this person to be doing or what your plans for the future may entail. Let me tell you how fantasy can be very toxic for the love addict. My mom used to make this joke to me that “ I marry everyone I date”, meaning that by the time we get together, I've already picked out the wedding dress, the venue, where we are going to live and what our children will look like. The thing about obsessing and fantasizing about someone, is that often you create an image of this person that does not exist and you live this image in your head. When the person does not live up to th

Are Unhealthy Relationships The Norm?

I was sitting in the office of my colleague and we started talking about relationships. She is an older lady and has been in the field for over 20+ years, so I always love to get her feedback and wisdom. While I was talking to her, it dawned on me that many people learned how to have an UN-healthy relationship; never really learned what a healthy relationship consisted of. When you look back at some of the relationships you’ve had, do you ever ask yourself what was I thinking? How did I ever tolerate or accept something like this? Its funny how when we remove ourself from a toxic or unhealthy relationship and have time ( Sometimes you have nothing but time after a relationship ends) to reflect on it, we find that what we had was never deserving of our energy or our time. See, the problem with having a pattern of unhealthy relationships, is we have nothing to judge what a healthy relationship is. In other words we have nothing to compare it too, because we have never seen or known on

Healthy Versus Unhealthy Relationships

                                Love Makes Me Accept Crazy Things                         I have to give some back story on how this topic for my blog even came about. As I was sitting down messaging my clients, I had Jerry Springer broadcasting in the background. Normally, I don’t watch this, (I am serious); but for some reason ended up on this episode. Anyways, as I began watching this, the topic was regarding a man who was confessing to his girlfriend his faithfulness and how he would never cheat on her. She gave him an ultimatum that if he wanted to continue the relationship, then he would need to drop his female friends. Needless to say, he was cheating and this resulted in a full on fist-fight with other woman who he was having an affair with. Jerry asked him, do you love this woman? He stated “yes”, she then replied that “ love doesn’t make you do crazy things like this, this isn’t love”. You are asking yourself, did she really use Jerry Springe